Finished – Beginning at The End.

hpim37204

Small touches remain, but essentially as of July 2008 we have finished.

6 years of renovation, rebuilding and restoring come to an end. Not one wall, floor, ceiling, doorway – nothing remains of the late 40’s fishing shack that we started with.

The journey was long, arduous and eventful. I hope you enjoy touring the house with me and reading the stories of our renovations – the links on the side bar will take you through the house, room by room from before to after. And as a side, you may find some of the ‘letters home’  to be a bit of fun. Anyone who has ever done a major renovation will raise an eyebrow and nod furiously whilst reading these pages.

UPDATE:

July of 2009 we have SOLD our lovely home.
The world thinks we were mad. Maybe we were?
Email me here if you would like to be directed to our next renovation project  – Rhu xx

This page is a sticky – and will appear at the beginning of my web site each page load. Use the links on the side bar to navigate through the house and letters. Cheers!

Enjoy.

SOLD!

July 2009 we decided to sell our blood sweat and tears and listed them on the market with 2 wonderful agents, Kathy and Adam. I can not speak highly enough of Kathy and Adam’s approach, from the initial appraisal through to finishing the sale. Locals, if you are looking for an agent, I highly recommend them.

 20081014161525,p,2,logo

Here is the listing, pilfered  from Real Estate.com:

ad

And from the newspaper   (PDF, click to open)   (Thanks Adam for sending me this!)

You can see the agents photographs inthe renovation photo album.

Office

hpim4106
This was once a bedroom. It was wallpapered in a hideously old floral and someone had done a *very* dodgy job in trying to turn it fom a bedroom into a seperate ‘retreat’. Believe me, you needed a retreat to get away from the retreat…. A ‘doorway’ of sorts had been cut through from the master bedroom, and the original doorway from the hall to this room, closed off. 
retreat 

 This photo was taken *after cleaning* but before we did any work to the room. A very bad attempt at a built in robe was across one side of the room, at the rear.

Since these shots were taken, we have removed the robe, ripped off all the wallpaper and sealed off the doorway. Downlights replace the awful light fitting. The room has been replastered, had an new robe that coverts to office storage fitted, and timber blinds at the window. The old doorway has returned to a wall.

Now we can run the business with some order!